If the G DATA antivirus client is running, you will see an icon in Windows task bar:
Sometimes the manually initiated update process gets hung and must be terminated. At this time the antivirus client process is killed, and the icon disappears. There are two ways to get the icon appearing again:
- Restart computer (for servers somehow problematic way)
- Restart G DATA antivirus client autromatically:
- open console window (on Windows Server 2008, 2008 R"2 and Windows 7 “run as administrator” option may be required).
- switch to %ProgramFiles%\G DATA\AVKClient.
- start AVKCl.exe as follows:
- the icon should appear immediately and provide you with usual control options for G DATA antivirus client.