Using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (both 32 and 64 bit versions) for Office 2010 you may encounter following troubles:
- Outlook stops to download emails
- Outlook stops to send emails
- Outlook breaks unexpectedly synchronizing email folders
As error code you may see 4102 (different error messages may be shown), 0x80004102A or 0x8de00002.
The long and academically correct way is to analyze the reason and repair it.
The quick and pragmatically easiest way is:
- Remove Hotmail account from Outlook email accounts
- Close Outlook
- Go to your local Outlook data folder ( %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook – for example, c:\users\mike\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook)
- Delete .ost files (ddo not worry, they will be re-created later)
- Start Outlook and add the Hotmail account to email accounts (let the connector automatically detect settings)
- Switch to Hotmail folders and let Outlook download all the emails